Plus it went from 90 degrees to 65 with rain over night and feels like the perfect day to cuddle up, watch Netflix and eat really delicious splurge food!
In this recipe I skip ground beef or ground turkey or ground anything altogether for two juicy steaks. I seared them on both sides in bacon grease 😱 and then fried halved mushrooms with sliced onions in the yummy juice they left behind!
3 slices of bacon
A steak or two. (About 1 1/2 pounds)-season each side with salt and pepper
4 oz of mushrooms halved
1 cup light sour cream
1/2 onion chopped
Package of egg noodles
1 tablespoon whostershire or Dales seasoning
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
1 tablespoon butter
Salt & pepper
- Bring water to boil, cook egg noodles until tender. Strain and add sour cream, cheddar, salt & paper while hot. Set aside.
- Fry bacon slices in cast iron skillet until bacon is cooked. Remove bacon set aside. Once cooled chop into little bits 🥓
- Sear steaks about 3 min per side (mine were fairly thin. You want to keep them medium rare because they will be thrown back to cook longer later on. Set aside with bacon. Once it has rest for 10 min or so cut them up into bite size pieces.
- Cook your butter, mushrooms and onion in what’s left in the pan. Once they are fragrant throw in whostershire and chopped steak. Cook for a few more minutes until steak is cooked to your preference.
- Toss your vegetables, steak and juice from the pan into egg noodle/cheese mixture. Add salt and pepper if needed.