This is a dish that I crave every year when I go to my local farmers market and see all of the ripe delicious hot house tomatoes! It truly captures all of the essence and flavor in a fresh ripe tomato while contributing a spicy kick from cubanelle peppers and a jalapeño.
2-4 large ripe hot house tomatoes (in season is best) cubed
1 large cubanelle cut into rings
1 small jalepeno cut into rings
1 onion cut into half rings
1 package Hillshire turkey kielbasa cut into slightly diagonal disks
1 cup cooked white or brown rice
2 big tablespoons of paprika
1 tablespoon butter
Drizzle of olive oil
Salt 2 tsp and then too taste
- Heat your olive oil and butter on medium/high heat. Add paprika, salt, peppers and onion. Sautée until tender and fragrant.
- Add kielbasa and cook until it has a nice glaze
- Add tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes before lowering heat.
- Tomatoes should cook down to make a good amount of sauce. Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Dump in rice and stir. Remove promptly from heat. Serve immediately. You don’t want the rice to soak up all the sweet and spicy tomato broth.
- Enjoy with a glass of wine under the summer stars