A slightly lighter enchilada with big flavor! This recipe will leave you craving these again and again. The best enchilada recipe ever!
1 to 2 pounds ground turkey
1/2 minced onion
1 taco seasoning packet
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 minced jalapeño
Tortillas (whole wheat if you want to be even healthier)
1 can Rotel
1 can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1 bag shredded cheese
Juice of 1 lime
- Cook ground turkey with onion. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and add minced garlic, 1/2 can Rotel, lime and a bit of chopped cilantro.
- Lower heat and stir in cottage cheese. Stir until melted.
- Assemble enchiladas by adding meat and a sprinkle of cheese on each tortilla and roll them tightly.
- Arrange in a pan, pour enchilada sauce and the rest of Rotel on top.
- Cover tightly and cook in oven for 40 minutes.