This version of chicken and stir fry is mainly focused on vegetables to get your fill with a little rice and chicken to satisfy that take-out craving!
This may sound a little strange but I like to mix brown and white rice. My husband and daughter don’t care for brown rice but they don’t notice when I do half and half 🤔
Your favorite vegetables. I used,
Stir fry sauce
Soy sauce/teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup brown rice and 1/2 cup white rice cooked together (makes 2 cups of prepared rice)
About 6 chicken strips
- Season your chicken strips with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Cook on medium high heat with a splash of soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil. Cook thoroughly and let it get a nice glaze on both sides. Set chicken aside
- Add vegetables to pan with soy sauce and 1/4 cup water. Cover on medium heat until vegetables are tender. Remove from pan.
- Stir 2 eggs w a few drops of sesame oil and soy sauce. Drizzle a little stir fry sauce into hot pan. Cook eggs in sauce. Dump in rice and stir moving quickly. Add a little soy sauce to the rice.
- Slice chicken against the grain before serving
You can mix everything together but I choose to keep it all separate until serving.