Orzo pasta in a delicious creamy garlic cheese sauce. With Parmesan and parsley notes this is a wonderful side dish!
1 1/2 cups orzo- cooked
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
2 tables spoons Chopped fresh parsley
3 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
Small handful of halved cherry tomatoes (or chopped sundried for an even richer flavor)
- Sautée your garlic, tomatoes and parsley in butter quickly until fragrant.
- Mix in flour and cook until golden brown
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Once you have a thick, bubbly sauce stir in your cheese and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over noodles (in a large mixing bowl)
- Add salt and pepper to taste