This is my version of one of my dads recipes.
At a glance it seems like an odd combination but it all comes together beautifully and makes a super yummy stew!
This meal always seems to get me through a cold day. A great one to leave on the stove all day long and fill the house with the best fragrance!!
Next I’ll put my chopped veggies in a pan to brown with a pinch of kosher salt.
After my veggies have a decent glaze I’ll lay the chops over them and season.
Now I pile on my canned veggies.. Tonight I’m using a bag of corn we picked, shucked, blanched, and froze over the summer. It still tastes so fresh and sweet. But like I said in ingredients I’d normally use 3 cans.
4-6 bone in pork chops
Large can whole tomatoes
1/2 cup beer
1/2 cup Apple juice
3 cans corn
Cajun seasoning, salt, onion powder, and paprika
And really any other veggie you have on hand. My husband loves fresh broccoli and carrots.
- Brown your chopped veggies with a fat pinch of kosher salt
- Layer your pork chops on top of the cooking veggies
- Cover the meat with all those yummy seasonings
- Now pour in your canned or frozen veggies, apple juice and beer. If needed add some stock or water to get your liquid level equal to the meat.
- Bring to a rolling boil for about 8 minutes. Then lower heat and simmer for a few hours. The longer the better.
- Right before serving cut that heat back up to a boil to steam the brocolli on top!
Serve over egg noodles, rice or for a low cars option just eat it by itself like a yummy sucqatash pork chop stew!!